Heard County Georgia
Official Government Website
Heard County
Administration Building

201 Park Avenue
Franklin, GA 30217
(706) 675-3821
Heard County
Court & Voter Services

215 East Court Square
Franklin, GA 30217
(706) 675-7560

County News
Public Abandonment Notice for
McClain Drive
February 3, 2021
The Heard County Board of Commissioners has received a request to officially abandon all that tract or parcel of land lying and being in Land Lot 16 of the 12th Land District of Heard County, Georgia and being more particularly being that portion of McClain Drive that is located on Tax Parcel No. 0019 0001, beginning at the intersection of McClain Drive on the southern boundary line of property described in Deed 447, Page 287, Heard County, Georgia records, running generally east approximately 3,600 feet to  its intersection with Deer Creek at the location of a collapsed bridge.  Only the portion of McClain Drive located on Tax Map Parcel No. 0019 001 is subject to this abandonment proceeding.  A sketch shown on a tax map is available for inspection at the Heard County Commissionerís office, located at 201 Park Avenue, Franklin, Georgia, 30217 and online HERE, and made a part herein by this reference for a more particular description of the property.

A public hearing shall be conducted to determine if that section of the county road system has for any reason ceased to be used by the public to the extent that no substantial public purpose is served by it.  If such determination is made, that section of McClain Road shall no longer be part of the county road system and the rights of the public in and to that road as a public road shall cease.  Said public hearing is scheduled for February 23rd, at 6:30 pm, Heard County Commission Chambers located at 201 Park Avenue, Franklin, Georgia 30217.

As set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992, the Heard County government does not discriminate on the basis of disability, and will assist citizens with special needs given proper notice of 48 hours.   For information, please call 706-675-3821.